Question thread for our AMA with Alberto Nuñez of 3DMJ!

@paparazi257 Any advice for someone with 8+ years of lifting feeling like they aren’t as progressing as much as other lifters with similar or press years under their belt? Assuming they’ve been mostly consistent in the gym but their weight has fluctuated by as much as 20 lbs over the years.

@paparazi257 Hey Alberto, thank you for taking the time. I have a question regarding mini workouts. I can only manage to go to the gym 3 times a week, due to a busy lifestyle, which is fine but I find that leads to a few very "visual" muscles lacking attention, such as the neck, forarms, calves and side delts. I hit these in an alternating fashion every day in mini workouts that I perform with the minimal equipment I have. Since I do that in an alternating super set fashion, they do not usually take longer than 5-8 minutes. I was wondering if this is a valid way to train these lacking muscles. Kind regards and sorry for my English.

@paparazi257 How do I know if I'm overly concerned with technique over progression? Have this issue with RDL's, reduced the weight by 50% and I'm still not satisfied with it. I do record myself.

@ellwood420 Nothing wrong with discovering ways to get more out of less. You will be rebuilding all the time, but so long as you trend upwards after you catch these things you should by be good

@ellwood420 I echo this with RDLs especially. Feels like every time I’m progressing and increasing reps/weights, it’s really just changes in form that shift the load to my lower back so then I reset.

@paparazi257 Exercise specific one - doing partials on overhead tricep extensions or cable bicep curl seems pretty much impossible, once you're done you're done, what to do when you still want to hit that partials, should you lower the weight? Would drop set be a good idea in case of exercises that are the hardest in the stretched position?

@paparazi257 Do you feel like the influx of information over the last few years has had a negative impact on newer lifters? I see so many people that are obsessed with finding out the next optimal way to train or how to train the xyz in shortened that I feel like a ton of peoples progress has been stunted.

@paparazi257 On chest supported rear delt row done with dumbells on an incline bench should the dumbells touch my shoulders?
Thanks for doings this AMA, that's all from me, hope you get well fast!

@paparazi257 (Weekly volume equated, HARD training assumed) Training more days per week (5-6) with shorter sessions vs less days (3-4) with longer sessions for the experienced lifter? I think you could make an argunent for either side being better for recovery/growth, what do you think? In theory more (shorter) sessions seem like theyd be higher quality and better for performance. But does this hold up in the real world? I feel Ive noticed a stronger trend of elite naturals closer to the "less sessions" side (ofc always outliers like GVS and his insane work capacity training daily which is a whole nother topic). Is it b/c theres less DOSAGES of hard training possibly making it better for recovery/growth?

@jamierite74 It depends on how you roll.

Both mentally and physically

If you can stay focused for longer sessions and prefer it do that. If you run out of gas early, I’m in your sessions. That is something to consider.

Ultimately, you know the answer to this question better than I do because you understand your history well.

@paparazi257 Assuming all training parameters are in check (exercise selection, execution, RIR, Rom, etc) how would you prioritize legs/calves for a seasoned lifter assuming theyre a genetic weakpoint? Would you adjust the split to favor a higher freq of leg sessions relative to upper? What are some ways you would you set it up?

Back