Sunday Show Off - Share your progress

davecb

Show off some of those cool skills and progress.

Share your latest achievements with bodyweight fitness. That doesn't just mean progressions on the FAQ, show us anything cool. Climbing, parkour, weight loss/gain, posture, etc all welcome!

We'd love to see some videos of what you can do.

Check out the wiki page with videos and pictures of our users performing some of the more advanced techniques, sorted into groups, kindly compiled by /@benjaminpatterson.

Pictures and Videos from last week:
Last week's Progress Sunday

Check out some of the previous Progress Sundays for some inspiration

@davecb
  • My au cortado has magically gotten smoother after practicing half au cortado all summer.
  • I've been trying to find ways to straighten my right arm (it can't fully extend like normal due to an accident several years ago), and I've been doing many different things, but this week, it actually straightened more than ever due to this stretch (thanks to emmet's lead tip and the heavy weight of my brother). This is huge for me cause it should make handstands a lot easier.
  • The happy baby pose is literally the deep squat position, but on your back. And if I grab my feet, my lower back lifts off each time. I found a way to help increase my "happy baby" flexibility and glue my lower back on the floor... again with the help of a partner and doing some acro yoga... And I do that by flying them into a "straddle throne" position and then bending my knees as far as it'll go, so it'll be like I'm in a happy baby, but with 100+lbs on my feet to help push my lower back flat on the floor. A pretty nifty discovery.

@apologetics146 Thanks! It should be pointed out that for the first few months I also dropped to a 500-1000 calorie deficit and I am also cycling a minimum of 25 miles per week.

I'm keen to develop my chest/abs/arms further though, I'm wondering if bodyweight alone will suffice or if I should be considering heavy lifting.

@teckknight Wow, that is some serious progress, congratulations! So you only do two excercise days per week? Or do you alternate between them? And could you also give some information about the number of sets and repetitions you do? Thanks in advance!

@mckenzeej Thanks :) I exercise every day, alternating between the following minimum (this is what I do currently, I started at much lower sets/reps):

Day 1:
5 sets x 50 reps sit-ups
5 sets x 100 reps bicycle crunches

Day 2:
5 sets x 30 reps push-ups
8 sets x 10 reps inverted rows

@davecb My progress this week :

Progress:

Managed to get my first chicken wing/one arm at a time muscle up. Big deal for me because I've been working on getting a muscle up for past 2 months. Also did my first set of full wrist pushups, lastly did my first couple one hand push ups.
Yesterday was a great day!

@davecb I've been training my one arm pulls on cannonballs from atomik holds. My right side is getting smoother, I notice I still kip a bit with my knees though.

Left I can do but it need a lot of work!