A 15 minutes bodyweight routine for posture and strength imbalances correction - No equipment required

@coconut23 Awesome! One q, since I’m 6’4” I can’t do a hang in my home without either bending my knees or putting my feet in front of my body which engages my core, which should I do for the hanging?

@coconut23 I've been doing this every day since it was posted and I definitely feel better for it. I've changed the order of the moves slightly to make it faster:
  • Neck circle
  • Arm circle forward / backward
  • Wrist circle
  • Foot circle
  • Standing hip circle
  • Spine circumduction
  • Standing spine rotation
  • Standing neck extension
  • Air cuban rotation
  • Seal stretch
  • Passive hang, I have nothing to hang from so have been doing seated staff pose
  • Glute bridge
  • Reverse tabletop
  • Lateral plank

@coconut23 Might be useful to add external links to pictures/videos (like the seal stretch) showing how to actually do the move. I mean, you include the name and purpose but no description on what to do with the move.

@coconut23 Great job! I'd recommend adding the classic hip flexor stretch. I know they are stretched a bit already in this routine, but it's one of the main muscle groups that are shortened while sitting, regardless of good chair posture, due to the 90 degree angle of the hips. I try to do them as often as possible.

Thanks for this routine! I learned a couple new moves to try.

@coconut23 I have a suggestion regarding the forward neck posture exercise "Standing neck extension".

I myself have a little case of forward head posture, so I have tried numerous things and exercises.

The exercise that has helped me BY FAR the most are "Chin Tucks" while lying on the ground. (
)

These Chin Tucks have helped me "short-term" and "long-term" absolutely enormously.

I don't like the Standing neck extensions, because it gives me short-term pain and for me it's an unpleasent feeling.

I would suggest you to take a look at Chin Tucks and hope you get something out of it!

Cheers.

@coconut23 I’m late to the party, but super useful! Really easy to incorporate these with other stretches at the end of a workout, and the visuals were nice and direct. Thanks!

@lotus1991 Many martial arts warm up routines are basically the same as this (plus some specific joint exercises). Universally good excercides in other words.