Any 4’9 - 5’0 ladies eat more than 1500 calories?

@rodneys lol tell that to my pants and scale! it's not strictly at 1300, but yeah when I count it up most days are 900-1200, and once or twice around 1500 (usually when I make pasta, because I'm italian and nothing is worth stopping my fettuccine intake).

I've heard of people's metabolisms getting really whacked at low cals, so I'm guessing/hoping that's what happened. did a reverse diet for a few weeks but as soon as I got over 1350 started putting on weight consistently.

@didyousaysomething That’s an extremely low intake so definitely check with your doctor and get a BMR test and your thyroid tested.Something is probably wrong. As I stated, it’s literally not possible to put on weight when you were eating less than a four-year-old child needs unless you have some sort of medical condition. You need to eat in a 3500 cal surplus for a week to gain 1 pound of fat. I would strongly recommend seeking medical attention as soon as you can to figure out what is going on and to get you to an intake that isn’t having a negative impact on your body like the one you’re at now eventually will.

@rodneys appreciate the concern :) I've eaten like this for years (but go through periods of poor eating habits/less exercise etc thank you grad school) and my doc has never brought it up...but they also never ask my calorie intake lol. TDEE 1362//BMR 1500 so it didn't seem that far off that eating above TDEE was putting on weight!

@didyousaysomething You have TDEE and BMR mixed up—please remember it is NEVER EVER safe to eat under your BMR. You intake cannot under any circumstances go under 1360. I would suspect your tdee is much higher if you exercise regularly as most people burn 300 cals above their BMR even without exercise

@rodneys thanks for the correction, wasn't paying close attention on mobile. also not sure why my personal experience is getting downvoted so I'd like to end this politely. I told yall what I eat, and what I do. whether my numbers and weight match what yall think should be happening is a different story -- believe me, I wish this wasn't the case either lol

@didyousaysomething I promise it’s not me downvoting! I respect not wanting to engage further, just again want to recommend talking to your doctor about the possibility of thyroid issues, and also maybe a dietician who can better explain why you should NEVER eat under 1350

@excpomelo 4 11 and eating about 1750 - which still results in losing something each week. Recovering from covid fatigue so not very active right now, but I have a lot of muscle on me.

@excpomelo I’m five foot one and eat 2100 and I’m 119 lbs . I frankly can’t eat less than this without getting bingy again and I’m tired of women being told to eat less all the time. Trust me I’m short and only do a home workout every 4 days and walk every day for an hour. Starving yourself seems like it’s a good pay off but just detracts from the quality of your life.

@excpomelo I'm 4'10-ish and 43kg. I eat between 1600 to 1800 calories everyday, and am mindful that I have a good ratio of "go, grow and glow" foods. I treat myself to processed food or sweets on the weekend, or if I need a boost in the middle of the week. 😁 I'm moderately active in my job, and I work out 4 to 5 times a week (30mins to an hour each time). In a low point of my life, I was eating way less calories, which had caused acne breakouts and an unhealthy bodyweight/BMI. It took almost two years for my skin to recover from texture issues and hyperpigmentation. I'll never go back to eating the way I did in the past again, and will never listen to anyone who will tell me to eat less because of my height, unless they are health professionals. Enjoy food and eat with gratefulness. Stay hydrated. Do activities that keep you moving and happy. Love and accept your body, and treat it with kindness. Breathe and rest. I find that these things matter more than numbers. 🙂

@excpomelo I'm 4"11, 30, and weight about 122 lbs ATM. Im currently figuring out my calorie numbers but I need well over 2000 a day. I lift 3x a week, BJJ 3x, pole dance 3x and stretch twice a week on average.

@excpomelo I’m 5’0”, struggle me a lot with restricting, but now struggle with binging . I’ve upped my calories to 1800 which has helped lessen my binges and discovered I’m maintaining around 103lbs; I’m not just piling on the weight like I thought! So that feels nice. I walk around 6-7k steps a day, and have yet to start strength training due to some medical issues. I also have less than 50% lung function, which means my body burns more calories than the average person just breathing. I’d say you can manage 1500 minimum and be totally fine 😊

@excpomelo I’m 4’11, 32 yo and to lose I eat 1500 a day, maintaining would be 1700. I don’t work out, but I stay active and avoid being too sedentary. I walk my dog everyday (around 3 km), do housework (the usual cleaning, cooking etc) and I work in a hospital (involves quite a lot of walking around compared to an average office job).

@excpomelo 4’11ish. I lift weights, run 4-5 times a week and really love my body right now sitting at 104. I also do intermittent fasting but now that I’m getting stronger I’m not strict about it anymore. I eat whatever I want and don’t count calories.

My life is better when I enjoy both food and physical activity. In order to have the muscle and stamina and brain power, I’ve got to eat. I also have a protein shake every morning.