Sunday Show Off - Bodyweight + Bodyweight Edition

davecb

Show off some of those cool skills and progress.

Share your latest achievements with bodyweight fitness. That doesn't just mean progressions on the FAQ, show us anything cool. Climbing, parkour, weight loss/gain, posture, etc all welcome!

In last week's post, we had a few people doing exercises with some additional load; other humans! We had a wife, daughter, and fetus helping us out last week. I'd like to see some more feats of human lifting this week if you've got them. Let's give a new definition to bodyweight fitness.

All other victories are still welcome.

We'd love to see some videos of what you can do.

Pictures and Videos from last week:
Last week's Progress Sunday

Check out some of the previous Progress Sundays for some inspiration

Due to some bullying from the people on the IRC chatroom, I attempted an L-sit.

After failing to get any air time, I gave up. Then /@angiet said he got a 10 second L-sit with straight legs. So fuck that guy. I got a ~3 second L-sit with straight legs with my palms flat on the ground.

This is an improvement from my previous attempt which was a ~3 second tuck L-sit on my fists.

Do wrists/fists only affect your ability to bear weights near the front of the sit? Kinda like how feet work?

@davecb So I finally somewhat got a tucked L-sit to handstand without falling to the ground :p
(please don't mind the push-up attempt, everything just went so well for a second :D)

@muyale Its Tuesday. I watched this video on Sunday and I've thought about it several times.
A few days ago i discovered I could get my legs from L to behind me, but as I tried to press into the handstand I realized I lacked the strength to lift my back/body/legs vertically.
What did you do/what do you recommend to strengthen the muscles needed to get up into a handstand? I just started incorporating HSPU's into my program and even after one workout I noticed a HUGE benefit.

Thanks man - This is totally on my bucket list for a month from now!

@ukubird Thanks for your response man, really lifted my mood! :)
Well what I did was that even before I attempted this I got the Frogstand to Handstand down,
(like this but without going back to frogstand again). What I found was that there's a lot of technique required, and after I got that I had no problem strength-wise.

Disclaimer: I am self-taught and not an instructor or personal trainer, this was just my experience with the move, but I guess you can find multiple guides on the internet on how to do this, explaining this better than me, hope this was to some use :)

@muyale That totally makes sense. Not sure if I have the strength yet to go from frog/crow to handstand but I'm sure I'll find a way, especially within a few weeks. Thanks for sharing dude

@davecb Nothing crazy, was @ The Big E this weekend (I live in CT) and they had a pullup contest at one of the Marines concession stands.

The best record was sitting at "16" pullups, best prize was a shirt for "20" pullups. I hit just "20", if I hung longer or went on one arm I might've been able to squeeze in 2/3 more. FYI this was after my circuit day too haha. In b4 dyel?