Sunday Show Off - Do you even bodyweight fitness?

groo101

What have you worked on this past week?

Show off some of those cool skills and progressions you’ve been working on! This doesn’t just mean progressions on the FAQ; show us anything cool. This may include, but not limited to: climbing, parkour, weight loss/gain, posture, etc. They’re all welcome in this thread!

In last week’s thread, we had a pretty great spread of media with people showing off everything from elbow levers to BWF mixed into capoeira movements. Some people are sharing interesting variations on presses, like /@theopholustr doing handstands to crow pose. Others are including weights into the progressions, like /@sparky1’s weighted chin-ups with 40kg. For those who have followed these threads and haven’t yet submitted pictures or videos, people like /@pipahaha are just starting their first BWF routine and have been seriously motivated by our community.

Everything you contribute not only helps you measure your own progress, but can be immensely motivating to someone who is just starting! So share if you’re able, you’ve got a whole community to support!

We also want to remind you that we've been sharing your content on @redditbwf on both Instagram and Twitter. Help us grow our sub's social media in order to reach out to non-Redditors across these other platforms!

Pictures and Videos from last week:
Last week’s Show Off thread

Check out some of the previous Sunday Show Off threads for more inspiration!

As always, many of us are on the IRC and would love to meet our BWF brothers and sisters, wherever you're from!

Edit: Fixed the Youtube links.

@groo101 My work out includes three sets of negative chin ups. I'm at about 7, 6, 6. Went for my 'one rep max' today and easily busted out three full chin ups.

THREE FULL CHINS. This bodyweight stuff actually works.

At least, on upper body. I still need to work on my flexibility and mobility for pistols. Will post a form check video soon.

@groo101 OK this is not exactly a progression I have seen on here (ever?) but was a serious goal of mine. I was training pullups and pullup intervals (per Eric Horst) for a while; finally got to my goal of 50 pullups in 10 minutes (5 pullups on the minute, every minute, for 10 minutes). Doesn't sound like much but it is a lot harder than it sounds. This was pretty huge success for me and I am very happy. I continued to 20 minutes and was able to crank out 84 pullups. Totally gassed me but a hell of a workout. A very fun alternative way to train for pullups.

Edit: I'd like to add to this I recently re-added L-sits into my workout (after a very, very long time excluding them) thanks to /@fromgenesistorevelation's motivational month am now able to do good-form L-sits for extended periods. Thanks dude.

@dawn16 This is certainly something to show off! Great job brochacho, I personally can't do that many pullups (at least I don't think so) because I train specifically for the explosive strength.