Sunday Show Off - What plateaus have you overcome this week?

groo101

It’s Sunday again folks! What plateaus did you overcome this week?

Show off some of those cool skills and progressions you’ve been working on! This doesn’t just mean progressions on the FAQ; show us anything cool. This may include, but not limited to: climbing, parkour, weight loss/gain, posture, etc. They’re all welcome in this thread!

Last week was a bit slow, though we still received plenty of great submissions. There was a good mix of parkour, aerial gymnastics, street workout, and in-home calisthenics featured in the video and photos below. Among those who provided a text update on their progress, we look forward to seeing /@evieoooo’s muscle up that he’s nearing. Additionally, /@beverly24 is back in the swing of things and we wish him well with his workouts moving forward! To top it off, /@fromgenesistorevelation held a “STRAIGHT AS FUCK” handstand for more than 10 seconds and gave us a breakdown of how his mindset and extensive warmup throughout the day may have led to this accomplishment!

Again, everything you contribute not only helps you measure your own progress, but can be immensely motivating to someone who is just starting! So share if you’re able, you’ve got a whole community to support!

We also want to remind you that we've been sharing your content on @redditbwf on both Instagram and Twitter. Help us grow our sub's social media in order to reach out to non-Redditors across these other platforms!

Pictures and Videos from last week:
Last week’s Show Off thread

Check out some of the previous Sunday Show Off threads for more inspiration! Archives here and here.

As always, many of us are on the IRC and would love to meet our BWF brothers and sisters, wherever you're from!

@groo101 I was super pumped today to hit 10 pull ups after taking 10 days off while vacationing in Austin (dat deload). I know this is just a simple exercise and not something much more advanced, but I'm working on that. 😉

My previous best was 8, so the break was a huge help.

@donevemar The deload is real! I'm glad to see you've overcome your previous max! And this is a big deal man, we've all been there, and many more are trying to get to your level. Thanks for humbling many of us who are working on other movements, and showing those new to BWF that they're not alone in their personal goals!

@donevemar Congrats! It seems both of us managed to hit the same goal this week!

I was also stuck at 3x8, but I did it the other way around - I didn't deload, I added a fourth set. And two days ago - boom! 3x10!

@groo101 Sorry, no pics or videos.

After a being stuck at 3x8 pull-ups for a long time, I started adding a fourth set where I did wide pull-ups until failure.

Two days ago, I finally managed to do my long time goal: 3x10 pull-ups!

@kwindy Regarding the thickness of the outerwall, I am not quite certain. I feel like it was at least 4-6mm. I'll shoot over the dimensions as soon as I can!

@dawn16 Alrighty, so here is a straight on photo of the dip bars.
  • For this build, you will need 20 pipes cut to length (explained below), 4 L-joints, 8 T-joints, and 4 PVC caps for the feet. You will also want PVC cement/glue to secure the pipes to the joints.
  • You may also consider finding some sort of rubber/silicone/foam tape to facilitate better grip/friction. I have the feet taped on the feet because my hardwood floors are uneven in some places, and so this helps keeps things less wobbly and less noisy against the wood.
  • I am using 1 and 3/8ths inch diameter pipes. Some people choose to go with 2 inches. Check out the pipes in person and see what best fits your hand and how thick the walls are. I don't quite remember what the outerwalls were, but believe they were between 4-6mm thick.
  • I weight about 160 lbs. When I first saw this schematic, the guy using this build was just a bit north of 200 lbs.
  • The measurements are as follows (in imperial units, sorry!):
  • The top and bottom horizontal bars are about 26 inches.
  • The top vertical bars are about 23 inches.
  • The bottom vertical bars and the feet are 1 foot.
Let me know if you have any questions or need clarification on anything!

@theislandpoet It's quite stable, although there will be a bit of shake to it because it's not a whole metal piece secured in concrete to the ground. Super crazy eccentrics might be a problem, although Russian Dips have been doable, and I'm trying for swinging dip planches.

@groo101 That's really good. You have a lot of lean there!

One thing I have had trouble with is quantifying the amount of my lean during planche leans and pppu. To correct this I always place my hands at a certain/same distance from the wall and lean in to where my head just barely touches the wall. Then after a few weeks I slide my hands back a bit and start over.