Sunday Show Off - Where you're a baus if you even say you started the beginner routine!

groo101

HEY YOU,

Are you friggin' ready to show off your sweet gains, that muscle up you finally nailed, or some L-sits that took you 3 months to get a hang of?

Have you been lurking and want to pop your contributor cherry, just like /@susie0507, AKA, Mr. /r/BWF Clark Kent? Or like /@mediaeval who reported doing her first chin-up last week?

Do you have other bodyweight fitness accomplishments you've made and want the world to know about because your friends and family can't appreciate how hard handstand progressions are?

This is the thread for you to share all that and inspire others at the same time! I'm talking about another S-S-SU-SUNDAY SHOW OFF!!

Note that we aren’t limiting you to what we're discussing on the FAQ. Show us anything that blew your mind the moment you realized you had it. This may include aspects of: gymnastics, climbing, parkour, weight loss/gain, posture, etc. They are all more than welcome in this thread.

We also want to remind you that we've been sharing your content on @redditbwf on both Instagram and Twitter. Help us grow our sub's social media in order to reach out to non-Redditors across these other platforms!

More pics and videos from last week:
  • /@silas1325 has unlocked a new achievement with these elbow rolls, in addition to making progress on these bendy things and getting much more proficient on her lyra elbow planche.
  • I submitted a video of my current planche progress.
  • /@holisticherbgirl crossposted this to the Slip Up thread, even though the majority of the video was dope as hell. This is it’s proper place Paolo!
  • After not being able to do this his whole life, /@cree4christ can now say ‘fuck you!’ to back bridges.
  • /@tgreen78 gave us a look into his iron cross progress in his new, spacious workout abode.
  • /@oligom tried holding a V-sit after working on compression and pike flexibility for some weeks. I’d say he did that quite successfully.
  • If you want ideas on how to keep your workouts organized, try what /@kdemayo is doing with his calendar. Here’s the permalink so you can make sense of it better.
  • /@crazyinsane has been working on shoulder mobility and thinks it’s starting to show in his handstands.
  • Looks like /@greatisyourmercy24 was on a 3 months hiatus but seems to have preserved a ton of his strength.
  • /@2dancer2 checked in last week with some L/V-sit to press handstand transitions. It’s always been a goal of his and he’s getting real close! Also, he’s now able to play around with leg and head positioning while in handstand.
  • /@benjamingo put BWF on the back burner for a bit, doing mostly weighted lifts lately. Last week he tested his max back lever and flag and shared his 175 lbs overhead press, in addition to a 445 lbs deadlift.
  • We have identified a new buff dad on the sub, /@yuliza, who shared his HS press progress through Liveleak, making me wonder if it was going to be NSFW/NSFL.
  • /@cheanasrthudsemu shared his back lever progress on the rings, holding straddles longer than he can with legs together.
  • /@theopholustr might be a little late with his last post, but he wasn’t too late getting his handstand to back lever video included in here!
Keep up the great work everyone! These posts, along with the text-only reports, brought forth a lot of interesting discussions. Props to /@tladams6980, who reported doing his full skin the cat and being able to roll back up to exit the ROM. Additionally, /@coursesdirect has been going at the beginner routine for about 5 months and can now get off the ground in L-sit. People like /@mundy reported more advanced stuff like doing his first one arm pushup. While advanced lifters like /@asalwayshumble recently tried out the beginner routine, only to find how BWF can possibly enhance his powerlifting. Finally, we look forward to /@manatus22 filming his 20kg weighted pull-ups. He’s now on a 5x5 with 12kg.

I look forward to another great show off thread and am excited to see what improvements you all have made, no matter how miniscule. You certainly have each and every one of our respect and encouragement for what you're working on. So post it!

Last week’s Show Off thread

Check out some of the previous Sunday Show Off threads for more inspiration! Archives here and here.

As always, many of us are on the IRC and would love to meet our BWF brothers and sisters, wherever you're from!

@groo101 Ive uh, consistently worked out for a month with a mixture of bodyweight and weighted exercises. In addition Ive also been more conscious of what I eat and already dropped a few pounds. I can now do more than one pullup at a time, after never having been able to do one before.

Small victories.

@groo101 In the last 2 years I've dropped 60 pounds:

I started mainly just running and eating right. This past year I've started really incorporating weight lifting and I've just recently gained a new interest in body weight fitness. Here is my dip progress over the last 2 months: