1,000 Pull-ups In 1 Day For Charity

ennovy

In an effort to fund-raise $1,000 in a day for Nationwide Children's Hospital, I pledged I would do 1,000 pull-ups. The pull-ups were broken into 3 sessions of approx. 330 pullups. I also tallied over 500 pushups throughout the day in an effort to balance out all of the pulling movements. The strategy was to do 200 sets of 5, with 45 seconds to 1 min. rest.

Why I did it? My son was born at 25 weeks and spent 109 day in the a Nationwide Children's Hospital NICU. Now that he is a healthy and happy 3 year old, I wanted to give back to the people that gave me so much.

As proof, I recorded it all in high speed.

UPDATE: After a couple of questions I thought I would add some more context. This fundraiser was actually part of a larger one that is run through the Nationwide Children's Hospital Marathon. My main driver for fundraising was running the half marathon and this was a fun way to hit my goal. I originally started running this race while my son was in the NICU 4 years ago. I was going through alot and needed an outlet. Never running more than a 5k before I trained for the full marathon in 9'ish weeks (it was probably the hardest thing I've ever done). Ever since then I have ran the Half in his honor.

For more info on this story, check out his fundraiser page (this is not a plug to try to get you to donate): https://give.nationwidechildrens.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1476463&pg=personal&fr_id=1420

@ennovy My old gym once welcomed me at the door with a charity challenge they were running where I could keep track of how many pushups I did during my workout and they’d be donating some sort of multiplier. I ended up in the 275 range and was feeling really good about my contribution until I saw some of the other sheets on the stack with numbers closer to 1000

Nowadays I’d be lucky to do 100 in a day if my life depended on it. I need to get back in shape.