Austin Dunham's "BodyWeight BodyBuilder 2.0" Programme Review - Big Thumbs Down

@dlr I bought several of Austin Dunham's programs last year and I agree completely, they're not worth it at all. There are plenty of other programs and even free programs with better quality info and structure.

I have been training calisthenics for many years and after getting bored with my own program structure, I figured I'd test out a bunch of paid programs just to see if I could learn something new and if they were up to all the hype the creators made their program out to be. I went through programs from Austin Dunham, GymnasticBodies (GB), Movement Athlete, FitnessFAQs, Gold Medal Bodies, and Kinobody (just to name a few, I've tried many others). Of those, I like and highly would recommend GB and Kinobody.

@dlr Hey OP, I also purchased his program awhile back and was equally as disappointed as you are. Wanted to let you know that I was able to get a full refund; so perhaps you could try and get your money back. Get in touch with them ASAP before trial period is over.

@dlr I don't know why you guys buy programs from people like Dunham or FitnessFAQS instead of buying programs from people like Kamenov or Mathew Zlat who are arguably the strongest guys in calisthenics community..

@dlr The program I would recommend to everyone is calisthenicsmovement mobility program. This is a 6 months program with 3 levels, each level has 8 weeks and the program is very easy to follow, you also have additional tutorials for front, side split, v-sit, handstand. I am currently at level 1 week 5 and I am seeing little improvements every week. I am also new to bodyweight training, I am training about 2 months and recently started doing recommended routine with mobility program already mentioned. I think there is no need to buy strenght training because you have all the informations online, but I bought this program because I had shoulders injury in the past so I wanted to stay injury free.

@dlr Austin Dunham is a great athlete and a self learner and I have been following him for years just because what he can do with his own body is freaking amazing and gives me motivation to push myself. Although I don't think he is one of the best calisthenics athletes, they are real crazy monsters, his level is still very good. And his old videos can be really helpful for beginners.

I remembered hesitating many times to buy one of his program but the controversy about the double dip bars kept me from spending any dollars for his programs.

As mentioned FitnessFaqs, CalisthenicsMove and Artem Morozov have high quality contents on youtube that dont require to spend money.

Especially I think Artem is probably underestimated on youtube, he often brings up some new exercises and routines that are not explained on any random cali channels, I strongly recommend it https://www.youtube.com/user/Artemgw/featured

@joshuawithmartin He wasn’t scamming, it was just a complaint about the fact that there were a bunch of “coming soon” sections that stayed that way for months. In any case, I don’t think his program is really worth buying. I won a YouTube giveaway for 3 months free, and I haven’t looked through it more than once because it’s not super user-friendly and doesn’t have any unique content I was interested in. I don’t think any program is worth buying if you’ve educated yourself enough, but the only ones I would recommend if someone was set on buying a program would be one from Daniel Vadnal or Antranik.

@joshuawithmartin Yes, he was acussed but I don't think he is. Just watch their videos with the free trial and judge by yourself. It is not just a program, it also teaches you a lot. I have learned a lot in the hand balancing course.

but right now i'm doing body by rings from fitness faq and I'm extremely happy with it. maybe at first glance it may look nothing special but with that programing i'm having the best results, also you can check all the phase 1 on youtube...

@kissmeimamie I recommend you bbr if you are willing to train the upper body 4 times a week.
it's supposed to be a 18 week program divided in 3 phases, but in reality you can repeat every phase as you wish becouse you can easilly increment the dificulty.

if you struggle with money don't bother.

@dlr Athlean-X "Perfect Home Workout" destroyed me while I was waiting for my weights. Its scalable as well, so you can start as a beginner.

@halfdice I am new to this sub aswell, but I think it’s because Jeff honestly doesn’t know much about calisthenics and there are just way better ways to train at home. For example one thing I really dislike about his home workout is that there are simply way too many different exercises. And as far as I'm concerned they're all performed in a drop-set fashion without breaks, so they're not suited for strength and skills at all. It's just kind of a generic home workout that exhausts you but doesn't do much else.

Back