How do you get 100+ grams of protein per day?

@caritasium That's a ton of highly processed and sodium heavy foods. If you only care about protein then sure but horrible health wise compared to a more whole food focus. Not to mention expensive.

@jszy04 For me- processed food. I had 45 grams of protein for breakfast between soy bean pasta and morning star chicken strips. Add in seitan, another serving of vegan meat, and maybe a shake, you're at 120-140 grams easy

@jszy04 I don't. I'm about 86kg so by your formula there I suppose I should be eating something like 155g a day. Between my lunch, protein shake and dinner I'll probably have around 90 total. Now granted, I'm not doing body recomp. I hover around 15%bf and I'm okay with that because I train for health and performance, but unless you're trying to build muscle optimally you don't have to focus on getting in that much protein. Even if you are looking to build muscle I wouldn't sweat it too much if you can't manage that large of an amount and it simply takes you a bit longer to pack it on.

@jszy04 I easily consume 120-130g daily without supplements. Some days I add 10 grams of pea protein to my breakfast, and that's it.

Four meals and 30-35 grams of protein in each one, and a morning pre-workout banana with a tiny amount of peanut butter :) I consume between 2500 and 3000 kcals daily.

What's your caloric intake?

Happy to share my typical day of eating if you find it helpful, but in short lot of grains, beans, and nuts.

My macros are usually 15-20% from protein, 25% from fats, and the rest from carbs.

99-100% whole foods, feeling great. :)

@irisheyez, @jszy04, @johncw12

Sure, here's what I have yesterday, directly from Cronometer:

https://ibb.co/drDyVj8

I also included a carbs breakdown, I know some people are obsessed with carbs, haha.

Don't look at goals, these are some random values just sitting there for ages...

@jszy04 Firstly, ime, trying to hit macros can be a real slog. So, I recommend finding things you enjoy eating, rather than going for the highest protein content. If you're anything like me, you get bored really easily of big bowls of lentils and beans.

So, I have these 2 meals almost every day, and surprisingly I don't get bored of them as I genuinely enjoy them. You might like to try them too:

Breakfast green smoothie:

- 300ml soy milk

- 1 scoop protein powder

- 15g flax/chia seed

- Turmeric and black pepper

- 120g spinach or kale

- 2 frozen bananas

- 100g frozen berries

Sometimes, if I'm out of greens, I will replace with garden peas and that boosts protein a bit more.

Tofu and broccoli with brown sauce and rice:

- 200g of tofu (frozen and defrosted beforehand for that nicer texture, if you haven't tried this, you're very welcome lol)

- 200g of broccoli

- Brown sauce (garlic, ginger, cornstarch, water, soy sauce, hoisin, rice vinegar, sesame oil)

- 120g rice (I like to use white rice, but brown rice or quinoa will boost the protein)

- Topped with about 5g sesame seeds

These 2 meals alone give you 100g of protein. That leaves you with dinner to eat however you want, likely bumping your day's protein intake to 130g+.

@jszy04 I haven’t eaten chicken in a very long time, but when I make my own seitan chicken it’s definitely not a super close taste/texture sub for chicken. I like the recipes from the cookbook, Crafting Seitan.