Sunday Show Off - Your home for some progress-acceptance!

@dawn16 That's great man... - Just watching your movement, timing and control, I can see 100% that you are so totally on it! It's all yours, now. Best cheers!

@groo101 I finally did my first muscle up! Video proof

One thing that I felt helped me was to find a pullup bar low enough that I could use my legs to jump and my arms to pull at the same time. For the longest time I couldn't do a muscle up, but once I found a low bar and used my legs to cheat, I immediately got the feel for how a muscle-up should feel and I was able to do it after a couple more tries.

@groo101 Fuck loads of things happened this weekend...
  1. Not a big deal for most probably but ever since getting into BWF Ive known that my fingers are weak as fuck so I've been spending a lot of time on my fingertips over the months to strengthen them (helps with wrists, too) and yesterday for the first time ever I was able to hold plank on my fingertips with the bones stacked. (Like cupping a cupcake)
  2. I was able to hold eka pada koundinyasana 2 on my left side for the first time.
  3. Oh and this one is huge for me... I've leveled up with the hamstring flexibility and can go from bound side angle AND SLOWLY STRAIGHTEN THAT LEG TO BECOME BOUND TRIANGLE/TRIKONASANA!! FUCK YES!
  4. And along that same note... bird of paradise is pretty much straight on the left side!!! I can probably straighten the right side too, but was too wiped to hold my balance anymore as it was near the end of 3 days of yoga in a row already. (Quads are hella sore from all that active flexibility work today)

@fromgenesistorevelation Hey Antranik, your wiki links got me all nostalgic as I ended up spending a long time reading in Sanskrit after so many years :). Sanskrit is commonly taught in school in India and is the root of many regional languages in the sub continent.

Anyway, is there any book you recommend for Yoga?

@fromgenesistorevelation Yes, I already did and am reading the pdf as we speak. Its a stunning book to be honest. Such treatise exist in sanskrit as well, however, the texts are inaccessible to most of us as Sanskrit is an extremely difficult language. The merging of eastern and western medical knowledge can only lead to good things. Cheers.

PS: Your video on assisted L-Sit is one of my all time favourites. Cheers.

@groo101 I got rings a few weeks ago and I've been messing around with some basic skills. But last week I got my first muscle up on them which I was kinda proud of. Heres me dicking around

Edit: Not really a Sunday show off but I'm starting a gymnastics class and I'm really excited for it.

Back