Sunday Show Off - Your weekly bodyweight fitness #INSPO thread!

groo101

HEY YOU,

Have you taken any recent pics of those sweet gains, your human flag, or those handstands off the wall you're finally holding?

Do you have other bodyweight fitness accomplishments you've made and want the world to know about because your friends and family can't appreciate how hard L-sit progressions are??

This is the thread for you to share all that and inspire others at the same time! I'm talking about another S-S-SU-SUNDAY SHOW OFF!!

Note that we aren’t limiting you to what we're discussing on the FAQ. Show us anything that blew your mind the moment you realized you had it. This may include aspects of: gymnastics, climbing, parkour, weight loss/gain, posture, etc. They are all more than welcome in this thread.

We also want to remind you that we've been sharing your content on @redditbwf on both Instagram and Twitter. Help us grow our sub's social media in order to reach out to non-Redditors across these other platforms!

Pictures and videos from last week:
Keep up the great work everyone! A bunch of you reported achievements in other aspects of bodyweight training, like /@unsilentrose' 5k accomplishment in 37 minutes at 329 lbs. You're a beast, keep it up! Others, like /@baxter006, made a recovery from being sick and got: a 30 second L-sit, a 5-10 second tuck planche, and a couple one arm pushups on each side! Shorts Mod, /@fromgenesistorevelation, made a new PR in holding his forearm stand and /@tladams6980 managed to recover stability over three times while doing heelpulls in his handstand practice! There were quite a few more accomplishments, but if I don't post this up soon, the folks on IRC are going to kill me. SO IT'S UP!

I look forward to another great show off thread and am excited to see what improvements you all have made, no matter how miniscule. You certainly have each and every one of our respect and encouragement for what you're working on. So post it!

Last week’s Show Off thread

Check out some of the previous Sunday Show Off threads for more inspiration! Archives here and here.

As always, many of us are on the IRC and would love to meet our BWF brothers and sisters, wherever you're from!

@groo101 Holy piss. This just happened

What an unexpectedly fun and awesome week. Went out to dinner while on vacation with some female friends and they asked to see my abs. I refused and showed them the latest progress pic and my sweet butt pic. Hahhahahah. It's one of the first time's ive been in a situation like that. Also its hilarious to me when I make chicks look at my ass.

Alright, onto the dope.

LONGEST HANDSTAND OF ALL TIME FOR CHRIS BROWN AT 50 FREAKING SECONDS. My wrists felt tight and I wasn't expecting to PR. But it was sunny and gorgeous and I was in San Diego without my shirt off and sometimes things just freaking click. Im so stoked. Here's a dropbox of the video

I scored my longest straddled back lever ever the next day. I'm putting it around 10seconds. No video :(

I was showing handstands to my buddy while we were working out and I decided to drop down and try for a freestanding HSPU. Scored a full ROM super clean freestanding HSPU. I've yet to recreate it. Video when I do.

Got inspired by Chestar Cheetoh and did a straddle L on a capped pole with my hands stacked ontop of eachother. I've had straddle L for a while. First time i've done it with hands stacked and on a pole tho.

Held a Front Lever for a second while doing a front pull. Kinda spooked me because I've never felt it lock in. Oh, and I trained two days in a row, mon & tues because a friend wanted to train on tuesday and PR'd both days. HOW DOPE IS THAT!

Out of nowhere yesterday I discovered some new shoulder mobility. Freaking shoulder mobility! You can't buy that ish! It just shows up when it wants! My pike just improved for no reason out of nowhere.

I start Physical Therapy for my AC joint sometime this week. Whenever the PT can fit me in. I'm going to stop neglecting my core work and work handstands more often since I had a breakthrough this week. When the AC joint gets some progress in it I'm going to train a lot more often and consistently. Lately its been like 2x a week because of pain and fear of more pain. I've got two more months until I move and I'm looking forward to adding some dope stuff. And the mods said I'm basically the max progress they would expect out of someone doing the recommended routine. That's sick.

@ukubird All good - except, if girls wanna see your abs, never refuse 100% (IMHO), just say something like, 'Well, hmmmm, maybe if you inspire me properly, I may let you see just one of them...! And if you're really good, I may even let you touch one!" (That really gets them excited!)

@ukubird Great job Chris, how is your crow press to handstand? It might be a good idea to focus on that one first before adding in the L-sit. Keep up the great work my friend.

@porcelainblue Haven't tried crow to handstand in a while. It's probably trash.

I use the momentum from the V/L-sit to carry me a bit into the handstand press. I'll try crow>handstand tomorrow.

@groo101
  • I'm feeling pretty solid with my elevated planche leans.
  • I can totally feel balanced comfortably in rings shoulderstand (not just hold that shit for 2 seconds). I was able to flex my glutes (can't do that when piked) and point my feet and actually press the rings together better than ever before and because of this, I was able to go from that position down to RTO support while holding a straight body, which has been one of my dream transition-goals for a long time. Now I just need to clean it up.