Sunday Show Off - Your weekly bodyweight fitness #INSPO thread!

@audranne What I've been working on is going up to a wall handstand a little more tilted than normal, make sure your form is on point, then push off the wall a bit so you're straight vertical. Bend one knee to stay on the wall if you need, but try to get all the way off. If you start to fall, flex your fingers to lean back onto the wall, and do it again. I'm up to 15s FS.

@audranne Get really comfortable on the wall with the proper form. Then you can start pulling off the wall one leg at a time and playing with the balance that way.

There are also drills, such as heel pulls, toe pulls and forearm supported handstands, that will help you with this.

The most recent breakthrough for me was that I really started squeezing my legs together. I knew that this should be done but had somehow forgotten to really do it. Just that simple thing made me go from ~10-20s holds on a regular basis with 30-40s holds once in a blue moon to consistently doing 30s+ holds with those big holds when I realy hit it.

@porcelainblue First and foremost is to get the freestanding HS to be more consistent. I can consistently hit 30s now but a full minute would be nice at any time of the day.

Someone in our IRC channel saw my video on the rocking straddle HS and due to my pike flexibility, deduced that I should be able to do a pike press... so I tried it using his tips and it worked!. Not very clean, using some momentum and all that but it's a start.

So, the goal in that direction would be to clean that movement up and get it consistent and then add in the lowering down into both L-sit and straddle L and back up.

@courtreim Awesome! The pike press looked solid. Its all coming together, yes work those negative once you hold the handstand. Try and make the negatives as slow as you can. Keep up the great work!