2020 CrossFit Games Finals Event 7: Snatch Speed Triple

jonjones229

[h4]/games2020[/h4]

Time for the athletes to move fast and hit some snatches!

Don't forget to join us on the r/crossfit discord for chats, weekly workouts, and more!

Workouts

Leaderboard

How to watch

Schedule

Format Overview

Your timezone not featured? Use this handy timezone converter to help find the time in your local

Looking for easy reminders? I've made a 2020 CrossFit Games Finals Google Calendar / iCal that will update to whatever time zone you're in!

Broadcast times​

Block 5: 10:00am-12:00pm PT / 1:00pm-3:00pm ET / 5:00pm-7:00pm UTC

Women's Start time: 11:04am PT / 2:04pm ET / 6:04pm UTC

Men's Start time: 11:36am PT / 2:36pm ET / 6:36pm UTC

Your timezone not featured? Use this handy timezone converter to help find the time in your local

Looking for easy event reminders? I've made a 2020 CrossFit Games Finals Google Calendar that will update to whatever time zone you're in!

Stream Sources​

Be wary of spammers trying to get you with livestreams. All event streams will be available on official CrossFit Platforms.

CrossFit Games Website

CrossFit Games Facebook

CrossFit Games Twitch

CrossFit Games Youtube

CrossFit Games Instagram

Event 7: Snatch Speed Triple​

All 5 athletes will begin first round. The slowest athlete will be eliminated after each round. Remaining athletes will have 2 mins of rest before the next round.

Quarterfinal Round

For Time:

1 Snatch (145/225lb)(~66/102kg)

1 Snatch (150/235lb)(~68/107kg)

1 Snatch (155/245lb)(~70/111kg)

Time Cap: 1 Minute

Semifinal Round

For Time:

1 Snatch (160/245lb)(~73/111kg)

1 Snatch (165/255lb)(~75/116kg)

1 Snatch (170/265lb)(~77/120kg)

Time Cap: 2 minutes

Final Round

For time:

1 Snatch (175/265lb)(~80/120kg)

1 Snatch (180/275lb)(~82/125kg)

1 Snatch (185/285lb)(~84/130kg)

If there's anything else you think needs to be included (streams, resources, reporting), or if I missed anything please send me a message

@jonjones229 Can the commentary be more wrong? “If you miss a lift you’re out” Fraser misses a lift and wins by almost 2 minutes, he was done in less than a third of the time of 2nd place and he missed a lift.

@abfarn Think he said in one of the mini docs. "When people see I've signed up to a competition, I want there reaction to be that they are fucked"

He wants to be known as the dominant force.

@jonjones229 It’s events like this one that make me wish it was a top 10 males and females instead of top 5. I would love to see Vellner, BKG, Smith, Saunders, Barnhart, Holte, or any others take these events on.

Some of these events could definitely be in their wheelhouses. Obviously it’s a global pandemic and things don’t work out. But it feels like the first half of the games in September were programmed so poorly compared to everything else. The Rogue Invitational did a better job at it. But again, just wish we could see more people compete than just these 10.

@mrscutright52612 I was thinking about this. I think a field of 20, with 2 heats, and cutting down to top 10 on the last day (or last 2-3 events) is best. Fraser and Toomey are so good that there need to be multiple athletes so different people can push them on different events. It's also more interesting for the other storylines (who makes top 10, who gets on the podium). Otherwise it's too monotonous, as it's been so far this weekend.

@jonjones229 Counting this years wins in a row for a record seems a bit unfair since there’s only 5 competing. It’s a lot harder to win 5 in a row when there’s 30 people out there.

Edit:

I believe there’s a misunderstanding.

I don’t mean not counting this CrossFit games as a win. I meant them saying he broke the record for consecutive event wins.

He’s by far the best in the world but there’s guys who specialize in certain events and with a larger field it’s obviously harder to get those event wins.

@jwpastor I get where you're coming from but if he were to not win the games this year everyone would count his streak as broken. It should count as prolonging the consecutive wins as well.

@jwpastor NOT counting this win seems vastly unfair!

Edit : Mat can only beat who's in front of him. He did it online, and everyone had the same chance. He did his thing, got here, and now everyone around him has exactly the same shot.

Yeah its not what we all wanted, but I just dont know how we can discredit Mat's achievement so casually.

Edit edit : see below! I assumed we meant Games win, not the individual events. OP quite right to question!

@john25 I believe there’s a misunderstanding.

I don’t mean not counting this CrossFit games as a win. I meant them saying he broke the record for consecutive event wins.

He’s by far the best in the world but there’s guys who specialize in certain events and with a larger field it’s obviously harder to get those event wins.

@jwpastor Ooooooh apologies, I see! My mistake, and agree totally, his individual event wins here are skewed by a lower number of competitors.

Mat doesn’t seem to care much about the individual wins, all about the big picture, but it’s certainly a narrative the commentators love to bang on about!

@john25 I realize now how i worded the original comment poorly.

And I agree, but it’ll be a record that will be impossible to break imo unless they switch to this format permanently.

@rebeldream11 I believe there’s a misunderstanding.

Back