Weighted Vest Experience? (Referencing Jeff Nippard's New Video)

brookeshien

Hi all, I just watched Jeff Nippard's new video:

I posted this in r/JeffNippard, but have yet to receive a response. I wanted to see if anyone here has experience using weighted vests throughout the day (not necessarily just while working out).

He speaks on weighted vests for a brief period. He seemed pretty enthusiastic about it helping to speed metabolism (referencing another body builder who used a vest to train for an upcoming competition), but still put the vest in the category of "it might help" speed metabolism.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience with weighted vests. I'd be open to trying them, however I'm hesitating due to thinking it may cause back problems. I'm a decent built guy in his late 20s, working out regularly (5-6 days a week), and have no prior issues with back or neck problems.

I'm sure it depends on my weight, along with how much added weight is applied via the vest... also the amount of time spent wearing the vest. If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know how it worked for you!

Thank you!

@brookeshien I use a 20lb vest for hikes and pushing the stroller. Also enjoy it for planks and walking lunges. Not a game changer, but a nice challenge to the body