What are the dumbest things you’ve heard about a “vegan diet”?

blindly28

I’ve received so many comments on how it’s impossible for vegans to get enough protein (or complete proteins) and that it’s impossible to get enough B12. What else have you heard? And how do you respond to it?

My favorite is when a coworker told me it was impossible for me to get any complete proteins without eating meat. I asked her to name what amino acids weren’t present in plants, and she didn’t even know what an amino acid was🤦‍♀️

@blindly28 Oh yea, all this being said while they were munching on Costco burgers and we were eating a homemade pasta salad with gardein spicy sausage on the side with some whole grain rice 🌾

@sammy777 if anyone were made to pay a fine there would be a record you could look up. i believe hormones are given to some mammalian livestock but surprisingly that will not affect anybody's eggs

@anatkinsforhisglory Unfortunately, a ban doesn't stop companies. Several companies have been caught using enhancers, hormones and ingredients in their proprietary feed. This isn't always made public due to lobbyists' power. Tyson and Foster Farms were still raising and harvesting chickens in an illegal manner several years ago. What is made public to society is controlled... What they want us to know. Again, lobbyist power and money buys many politicians.

This is basically what happened with Aspartame. It wasn't approved after 70's. The US Attorney that was bringing the case forward, with evidence against the company making Aspartame, resigned suddenly to take a job connected to the owner of the Aspartame company.
There are many more facts about our government, companies and politicians that don't serve us, but there isn't enough time and space to write about it here.

@anatkinsforhisglory Hormones occur naturally in animals and can be used in veterinary medicine, even though the addition of hormones to feed is banned in many countries. There are natural phytohormones in plants. The extent to which these have any effect on humans is questionable, as they have not yet been scientifically proven. However, it has been proven that they are only similar to hormones, but are not hormones as they occur in humans and animals.

@saturnne Yea there was this influencer who was vegan started adding eggs into her diet all of a sudden and then she made the claim the reason for this was because of hormones and her doctor told her…

@saturnne I get this occasionally about eating soy. The pervasive lie about his soy makes you feminine and filled with estrogen is utterly ridiculous but continues to spread.

@blindly28 Just not enough nutrients. But which ones? No, just not enough nutrients.

In one case during a conversation with an over weight guy who does not exercise. Here’s me having done Ironman distance triathlon. What do I know.

@stephenjsheridan A former colleague said that. I asked if she was thinking any nutrition in particular but no, just in general... I was able to put on 10kg of muscle mass whilst she was a stick figure, but l definitely gotta lack some vital macro/micronutrient

@stephenjsheridan "nutrients". I had a buddy that liked to bring that word up. He'd told me that low fat milk isn't really that good because it has less nutrients. Well, which one?
The only thing that vegans can't get is B12. Any other micronutrient can be found in plants. You just need to know which one.