Banned from gym for bringing a guest

@carollu Technically your friend was trespassing. My gym has the same policy, no guest after hours, no going into any rooms after hours and your membership will be termed if caught doing so. The top comment explains exactly why. The gym owner is just protecting himself and his business. I’d do the same if I was the owner.

@mcr774 I go to a 24/7 gym where there are only trainers around until 21.00 / 9 pm afterwards you can only enter via the membership card. So after hours could mean after the trainers left. Could also explain why the owner was pissed, because that could be an insurance/liability case if an external was brought in without trainers present.

@carollu Okay Rick!

You went there, so I’ll explain.

You’ve not been a member for 2 full years. 19 months at best and I appreciate commitment. 1 week ago you came up to me (in the middle of signing up a new recruit) and asked “hey bro, can we bring friends for working out to get you more business? Like, do you do referrals”. To which I said , “no but thank you for bringing your friends. If you do bring people, I can do a group rate (50% off the $5 daily) if you bring 2 or more.”

You then said, “I have a really big friend that likes to work out at night. He won’t take any space cus y’all are empty at that time.”

I then said,”okay Rick, I just don’t want problems with other members and I don’t know this guy”.

You went on for close to 8-10 minutes about how badass your friend was and how he does all these roids. In the meantime trying to get me on board with them. NO THANKS!

I told you No!

Looking at my security footage, the both of you are injecting inside my gym and disposing in my open (not that it matters if it’s open) trash cans.

Not only this but your “friend” backed into our Schwan’s food delivery service truck and big Mike may never recover from the withdrawals.

/rolled

@carollu imagine bringing someone to the gym that didn’t pay to be there and getting confused about being in trouble for it

either way the owner is a dick and should have atleast given a warning

@dawn16 Well, it was my understanding that when you have a premium membership to a gym it was ok to bring someone as a guest, especially if they’re thinking about joining.
Let’s try not to go there, man. I wasn’t confused. I was in the wrong for just assuming it was ok and the owner came at me flying.

@carollu I mean, even if it was a rule, the reaction was way to much. What difference does it make what time you bring a guest in? Before 10pm, after 10pm. What's the difference? Even if you were technically in the wrong, this guy is too. Maybe if he explained to you it would make more sense. I say find a new gym and let us know which gym this is so we can avoid it (if this gym even has other locations)

Good luck in finding a better gym tho!

Back