BWF Primer Build-up Community Event: Day 14 (Final Day!)

@dontdosadness The BWF primer was just what I needed to kick start healthy habits and learn about exercise and techniques. After completing the 14 day build-up, I’m looking forward to continuing the challenge. Thanks for all the time and hard work in putting this on!

@dontdosadness I'm still kinda psyched out with birddogs and deadbugs. They feel really easy and I'm worried I'm doing them incorrectly. Do I just need to push the brace harder until I feel it? I've done the reading but I still feel like I'm missing something.

@ching Same for me. I also underestimated how much reading time to put aside every day for this, so I'm going to go over everything again and maybe figure it out.

@ching Drop by the discord Nick links on almost all days or send a form check. They're hard to be "form-checked" so perhaps asking specifics at the server is going to be much better ;) and don't worry about asking "silly/beginner questions" as there are plenty of newcomers there as well.

@dontdosadness I imagine that now, rather than sort of taking it easy (finishing set with ability to do a few more if needed), I should be doing reps til failure while keeping excellent form. Is that right? I figure ill start where we left on the intro re reps but add an extra set, then adjust from there. If too easy add more reps (one per workout) until I get to the max then progress, if too hard drop 1 or 2 reps.

Is that the best way forward? Or did I misunderstand something?

I'm gunna sign up today nachos. You absolutely need to be paid for this hard work. Thank you.

@alb
I figure ill start where we left on the intro re reps but add an extra set, then adjust from there. If too easy add more reps (one per workout) until I get to the max then progress, if too hard drop 1 or 2 reps.

This is almost exactly right, with a few corrections. You should always seek to progress by 1 rep per set every workout, and if you fail to do so (or fail your sets completely) more than 2 workouts in a row, then drop 2 reps per set.

That's really awesome, thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. When you do, don't be afraid to join the member's discord an say hi :)

@dontdosadness Well, here I am, 11 months late. I've managed to get through all. It's been really useful and easy way to follow exercise routine, so thanks @dontdosadness !

Is there any sign on the foundation programme appearing soon? At first glance the RR seems like a big jump in time and equipment. It feels like there should be something that builds more naturally from this primer. At this point I'd be willing to pay or patron for that sort of content.

Either way, thanks!

I've done bird dogs in the past, but we used to call them Angry Cat/Happy Cat!

@dontdosadness This primer succeeded in finally getting me up and running with BWF at home, so thanks a gazillion for your massive effort with this @dontdosadness
Looking forward to see the foundation program, when you found the time to continue. Till then stay frosty and thanks again 💪👍

@dontdosadness Thank you Nick-E. I was lucky to find this on the first day so I’m done with the primer.

I appreciate the time you put into this. This program was super helpful and informative, I really did need a primer before jumping into the recommended routine.

Again thank you. An amazing guide. Thank you thank you thank you. Superb job.

Enjoy your well deserved rest.

@dontdosadness Man, I'm really impressed with the details that go into all the explanations of the exercises (especially the Deadbug and Birddog)! Thanks for putting everything together.

I have a question about the Deadbug and Birddog. Once you progress beyond static hold, are you supposed to 'brace' only when you hand / feet move (releasing the brace when they are back to the starting position), or to hold the 'brace' through out the repetitions?

@lewis5398 Awesome! I've been using door mounted rings for rows, do you think I could attach them to a pullup bar? Also not sure how well my door can withstand horizontal rows...

I just like the rings so much for whatever reason ahaha

@bluefrog76 a) rings are awesome

b) you can't do horizontal rows if the door is closed

c) yes you can hang rings from a cantilever door pullup bar, or any bar that can support your weight