BWF Primer Build-up Community Event: Day 14 (Final Day!)

@dontdosadness Can we get this pinned to the Sidebar of the subreddit? My wife is new to reddit and has a hard time finding the post for reference. I feel like the sidebar is an appropriate place for the primer.

@dontdosadness Yessss I did it. I'm so proud of myself!! (Been trying different BWF programs for the last 5 months actually, so it wasn't all new tbh, just challenging to process.)

Thank you so much for providing these immensively helpful guides literally for free. I will honor this by sticking to it!

@dontdosadness Build up completed! Thank you for doing all this. I was intimidated by the RR and kinda put it off. This really kickstarted me and I'm excited to start on the road to progression from here because of these posts! As an aside, I've never slept better than since I started this.

@dontdosadness I just wanted to say thank you @dontdosadness for doing this. I've been coming back to this Primer Build Up because the RR is just too much for me at the moment. Your routine above makes a lot more sense for me. I truly appreciate all that you have done.

Definitely gonna subscribe to your exercise library!

@dontdosadness Just finished day 13 and wanted to say how much I appreciate the work gone into the program. I can't believe how much better I already feel.

If there's anyone still lurking here, I'd love to know the reason behind switching the order of the upper and lower body exercises going into the full primer.

@thehook For most people, the upper body exercises will be harder than the lower body exercises and generally within program design its better to do harder stuff first so you have the energy to do them well.

Deadbugs and Bird-dogs are at the very beginning for a similar reason but for mental energy rather than physical. They are complicated to perform and understand, and most people will just go through the motions to finish the workout if they're at the end because they are tired and did the stuff they think is the 'most important' since deadbugs and birddogs arent flashy exercises, and so putting them at the beginning puts them at a point where people will be mentally fresh and ready to pay attention to them.

@dontdosadness Wow mate, glad to see your still active in this thread!

Is there any place where we can find harder variations of the bird dog and maybe dead bug too? Or are they supposed to be more like coordination exercises that don't require adding too much weight?

I'm asking because your programme really helps me sticking to a routine, something that is very hard for me, and I'd love to do this ofr a while but at the same time build up some strenght, which I don't feel like these two excercises are doing for me at the moment (I've been playing sports since I was a little child, so I probably have some basic strength and especially coordination already, even though I'm quite skinny).

Looking forward to your answer if you find the time!

@dontdosadness Cheers, that makes a lot of sense.

I hadn't heard of birddogs or deadbugs before doing the buildup, but even though they aren't flashy I've been loving them. It feels great just having that little more awareness of spinal positioning.

@dontdosadness Thank you for making this. It's just the thing I've needed to get back into fitness with no kit (including living in an old house with doors that don't fully close and doorframes that can't support a pull up bar).

@dontdosadness I don't like posting in this thread a year after it was active, but I do feel like debriefing. I made it through all 14 days, with one odd rest day because I 'accidentally' took a 2 mile straight-uphill hike, which killed me but was great.

It's a fantastic workout routine, and the only thing that was difficult to manage in my house were the rows, so I'm doing reverse push-ups. I'm still pretty heavy (260lbs) so there's a ton of resistance still, but I can see where they will start to taper off. They feel great, though. I have Bodylastic resistance cables, so I might experiment with their version of "rows" and see how it fits in with the BWF routine.

The one thing I'm struggling with? I'm doing this as stress relief during a tough time in my life, and the endorphin rushes are fantastic, but it's almost killing me that I can't do it every day. I have high BP, so I'm not supposed to be pushing my cardio until it comes down, so I'm limited in what I can do, so I'm just trying to walk in my downtime, but it feels hollow compared to pushing myself.

Anyway, thanks Nick-E for putting all this hard work online for free!

@dontdosadness You have links to "progressions" but it's just the same guide. Like the Push Up progression doesn't talk about harder versions of pushups? Where do we look once we've reached the max reps for this program?