BWF Primer Build-up Community Event: Day 10

@litalee You are supposed to "brace" yes, but doing it like you're supposed to do it in a deadbug is going to be vey hard. in pushups and rows you can just squeeze your glutes and abs to keep your torso rigid (for now).

And when you learn how to do the deadbug properly. start implementing the same technique during other exercises.

If you still have any questions about this topic or any other, Don't hesitate.

Consider joining the discord server.

Cheers!

@lawrenceryan Across the center of my chest. Should bracing make my chest tighten up? It doesn't linger, and it doesn't hurt, so I wonder if it's just my body adapting to the exercise, but I figured I should ask.

@enduring_until_the_end Probably late now, but maybe consider reading how to do new exercises (or the day's reading) a bit in advance? Maybe the night before, or the morning before a workout. While you're sitting on the toilet, or making coffee/breakfast/lunch/dinner? Before bed, or before you get out of bed when you wake up?

In general this is a good practice anyway (skimming/quickly reading a text, then re-visiting it later), and may help you retain the information a bit better; that is to say, it's generally good for memory to take a break from material and let it percolate your subconscious before revisiting said material.

Don't worry about retaining everything the first time around - even a cursory read through should help you pick up on what's going on in the second read through a bit more quickly, and you can focus your energy on the parts that you feel didn't fully stick with you the first time through.

@julienmarin Nice!

I feel ya haha. It takes less as you dial it in. You should also be focusing on proper bracing during basically every exercise as well so you want this to be second nature as soon as possible.

@dontdosadness I have read through this several times now and by the time I get done reading I'm out of time. I haven't been able to do day 10. I don't understand what it is I am supposed to be doing. I will have to youtube a how-to for deadbugs at some point. But from the reading I will have to wait until I have the extra time in a day to practice the breathing to be able to get that down before even trying the exercise.

@enduring_until_the_end super basic instructions. step 1: lay on your back. step 2: Raise legs into air with 90 degree bend at knee. Step 3: Put arms in the air above you. step 4: tense your stomach muscles. step 5: hold 10 seconds.

If you can spend a little time before the exercise working on the breathing and trying to find those internal obliques but don't stress if you can't and just use those abs for now. Don't let not finding them stop you from working out. Nick straight up said he expected many people to not find it at all the first time