BWF Primer Build-up Community Event: Day 14 (Final Day!)

@dontdosadness WHEW, I'm sticking to it, and it's going better than I thought it would! Looking forward to the day when I can finally do an unmodified push up, and a day where I feel like I have a decent core. These past 2 weeks have been eye opening, but I feel very optimistic. I've never felt like I had an understanding of direction with exercise before, and it's a lot less intimidating now that I'm starting to get it. I appreciate this guide so much! Feel really confident that this time I'll make it stick.

@dontdosadness Hi, just finished 14-day build-up.

I'd like to know if I am going to to the full primer routine, should I use the table in this post or the wiki post?

The wiki post doesn't mention static holds like this post and the rest periods are a little bit different.

I know that probably doesn't differ much but still want to clarify.

Thanks in advance!

@dontdosadness When I do the birddog (sorry, catching up) I can't manage to look up at the ceiling, can't tilt my head that far back.

Will this become possible as I work out more?

Also, thanks for putting this together. Finally, a true beginner's routine that I can mostly accomplish, and don't want to quit.

@riabb Hey, did you managed to do it? I can't either, this almost made me want to stop with the routine but i think it's better to continue even if i'm doing it not so well

@dontdosadness What's the correct order of exercises? Birddogs-Deadbugs (Core) -Rows-Pushups (Upper body) -Squats-Bridges (Lower body)? Because here the order is different than in BWF Primer page.

@dawn16 that's ok. try 3x8 again the next session, if you fail, go back a couple of reps on the following session (3x6 for example) and start working your way up again.

@dontdosadness Hi

Once we complete the BWF Primer routine (I have completed the Primer routine around a month back), by what time should we start the RR?

Like can someone tell me what should be the progression from the BWF primer primer routine (14 days one), normal BWF primer (3x sets 3X days every week), RR in terms of the no of months/level required before progressing to the next stage.

@dontdosadness I finished the primer and transitioned to 3x/week, and immediately started failing pushups after I decreased my incline 😅 should I keep trying for 3x5 at low incline when I'm not getting them all, or should I go back to a higher incline and stay at 3x12 (or increase further?) for a while?

@dontdosadness Did it haha! I was not looking forward to a workout today, after spending most of the day in the sun. I finally checked it out, and it's a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for making this, I've seen real improvements in my form over just these two weeks. Now to set a 3x weekly schedule!